Serves: 4 – 6 | Preparation Time: 25 minutes | Cooking Time: 45 minutes
Why not try something other than your usual potato bake? This dish makes an excellent accompaniment to any braai or can even be served as a main course with a salad!
- 1 sachet KNORR Creamy Mushroom Sauce
- 350 millilitre Milk
- 250 millilitre Cream
- 250 gram Brown mushrooms sliced
- 250 gram Button mushrooms sliced
- 1 Clove crushed garlic
- 1 Leek washed and chopped
- 1 Onion finely chopped
- 30 millilitre Margarine
- 5 millilitre Salt
- 1 litre water
- 750 millilitre Mealie Meal
- 15 millilitre Robertsons Parsley
- 125 millilitre Parmesan cheese, grated
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Place water and salt in a large pot and bring to the boil.
- When boiling stir in the mielie meal, reduce the heat and allow to cook on a low temperature for about 10 minutes or until done, stirring continuously.
- Melt margarine in a pan and gently sauté onion, leek and garlic until soft.
- Add the mushrooms and fry for 10 minutes.
- Add the cream and milk, stir well and reduce the heat to a simmer .
- Stir in the contents of the sachet of KNORR Creamy Mushroom Sauce, Robertsons Parsley and Parmesan cheese .
- Allow to simmer for 10 minutes stirring occasionally.
- Spoon cooked mealie meal into the base of an oven proof casserole dish and smooth out evenly.
- Top with the creamy mushroom mixture and bake in a preheated oven for 10 minutes or until golden brown.