10 SIMPLE WAYS TO GET YOUR BRAAI FIRE STARTED!
2. Pour enough charcoal into the coal grate.
( 1 layer for burgers and steaks and 2 layers for roasts and chicken).
3. Place charcoal in cone shape.
4. Pour lighter fluid or fire lighters in the coal. Pour more in the center than the edges.
5. If you are using lighter fluid, allow it to sit on the coal for about 30 seconds.
6.With a long match or lighter, light from the bottom on atleast 3 sides, left, right and centre.
If using fire lighter cubes, light the cubes on the bottom and edges.
7. Let the coal burn until they turn white or grey in colour.
8. Once the coal turns grey or white, use a long tong or iron to
spread the coal evenly across the coal grate.
9. Place the grill on the coal grate.
10. Close lid and wait for about 10 to 15 minutes to start cooking.