Serves: 4 – 6
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Cooking Time: 2 minutes
- 1 cup water
- 400 millilitre White bread flour
- 1 sachet KNORR Bacon & Onion Flavour Potato Bake
- 10 gram Packet instant yeast
- 100 gram Biltong, sliced and roughly broken up
- 100 gram Flour for dusting
- In a bowl, mix together flour, yeast, KNORR Bacon & Onion flavour Potato Bake sachet contents and water to form a soft dough.
- Knead by hand for about 15 minutes or knead in a machine for 5 minutes.
- Place dough in a clean bowl and leave in a warm place to double in size.
- Once risen, knock back and add the biltong.
- Divide the mixture into 8 portions.
- Dust the surface lightly with flour, and using a rolling pin, roll each portion of dough into small, flat rounds about 15cm in diameter.
- Dust off excess flour and place on braai for about 1 minute.
- Turn and cook the other side.
- Tip: Ensure the fire is not too hot or the bread will burn.